- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Mukta Cinemas opens 3-screen multiplex at Dehradun
MUMBAI: Mukta Cinemas, the movie exhibition arm of Subhash Ghai’s Mukta Arts, has opened a three-screen multiplex at Dehradun in the state of Uttarakhand.
The Dehradun multiplex screened ‘Sultan’ on 6 July as its inaugural movie.
Another two-screen multiplex of Mukta Cinemas is also set to open on 22 July at Aurangabad. It will also have a three-screen multiplex at Panvel on 29 July.
The company, which began operations in 2011, has been expanding its footprint across Tier-2 cities in Northern India.
Typically, the cinema chain operates on a revenue share model with its mall partners. The split follows an occupancy-based slab model.
The exhibitor (Mukta Cinemas) shares up to 30 per cent of the revenue with the mall partner for occupancy levels above 40 per cent.
If occupancy is between 30 per cent and 40 per cent, the revenue share of the mall partner is around 20 per cent. For occupancy of up to 30 per cent, the revenue share is 10 per cent.
In addition to expanding within India, Mukta Cinemas has plans to establish its presence in the Middle East, starting with Bahrain.
Besides launching multi-screen properties, the company is also keen on renovating single screens in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.