- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
MTV US expands movie awards show by introducing TV categories
MUMBAI: After 25 years, MTV US has announced it is flipping the script with the newly reimagined ‘MTV Movie And TV Awards’.
This will celebrate young Hollywood’s best WTF to Wow performances across film and TV. The expanded show will take place from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California. on 8 May. Host, nominations, performers and presenters will be announced at a later date.
Earlier, the show only celebrated movies.
“We’re living in a golden age of content, and great storytelling and characters resonate regardless of whether you’re watching it in a theater or on TV. The new ‘MTV Movie & TV Awards’ will celebrate even more of the brightest, bravest, funniest and most shared films and TV shows resonating across youth culture,” said MTV president Chris McCarthy.
Additionally, in the lead up to the live show, fans on-the-ground will be treated to the inaugural ‘Movie And Television Festival’. Live musical acts, special guests and food will transform the area outside of The Shrine Auditorium into a massive, daylong party. The afternoon will culminate with attendees being treated to a front row spot for viewing celebrity red carpet arrivals for the evening’s main event. Ticketing details and a full list of performers will be announced at a later date.