- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
MRF Tyres is ICC’s global partner
MUMBAI: The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced a new partnership with MRF Tyres of India which extends to the ICC Cricket World Cup (CWC) 2015.
As a manufacturer of tyres and allied rubber products, MRF has a long-standing association with the game. MRF’s ‘Pace Foundation’ has earned itself the reputation of developing fast bowling skills across all Test playing countries.
ICC chairman Narayanaswami Srinivasan said, “The ICC is delighted to welcome MRF on board as a Global Partner for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, through which the brand will reach consumers across the world.
“MRF is an active promoter of sport and by deciding to be associated with the ICC in challenging economic times, it has shown its faith and support in the ICC as well as its flagship event.
“Through its ‘MRF Pace Foundation’ Academy, which has seen it work alongside some of the fastest bowlers in world cricket, MRF also shares the ICC’s commitment to continuous quality improvement.
“We are excited to welcome another strong brand to our growing commercial portfolio and in welcoming MRF, we would like to thank them for their support.”
MRF chairman, MD KM Mammen said, “It is a historic moment for MRF. It is a matter of pride for MRF to be associated with the ICC World Cup Cricket 2015, which is considered by many to be the pinnacle of one-day cricket. With this association, MRF Ltd, further re-affirms their passion and commitment for the game of cricket both in the national and international arena.”
MRF executive VP Koshy K Varghese said, “We intend leveraging this partnership to bring further awareness of MRF as a global brand.”