- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Mongol TV makes a spate of content acquisitions
MUMBAI: Mongol TV has made a spate of content acquisitions from the recent Asia TV Forum.
According to Mongol TV chief executive officer Nomin Chinbat, the programme acquisitions are mainly drama renewals and a new acquisition from the UK.
From ITV, Mongol TV acquired Mr. Selfridge while Downton Abbey came from distributor NBC.
The Mongolian broadcaster also renewed popular American primetime dramas The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-O from CBS, NBC’s The Blacklist and ABC’s Scandal.
Known for live events broadcasting, Mongol TV will air the 87th Academy Awards live on 22 February 2015, which it acquired from Disney. This is the second year the broadcaster will air the show live.
“Mongol TV has been consistently top in ratings in Mongolia by providing our audiences with the best quality programming from around the world. We are fortunate that CBS, ITV, NBC, Fox , Disney and Sony provide us with their best shows for our territory and appreciate our ongoing partnerships with them,” said Chinbat.
Mongol TV launched in June 2009. It produces a live morning talk show, six days a week, from its multi-million dollar HD studios in Ulaanbaatar as well as programmes foreign series in primetime from top studios such as Warner Bros., Sony, CBS, FOX, NBC, ITV, and others.