- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Mongol TV makes a spate of content acquisitions
MUMBAI: Mongol TV has made a spate of content acquisitions from the recent Asia TV Forum.
According to Mongol TV chief executive officer Nomin Chinbat, the programme acquisitions are mainly drama renewals and a new acquisition from the UK.
From ITV, Mongol TV acquired Mr. Selfridge while Downton Abbey came from distributor NBC.
The Mongolian broadcaster also renewed popular American primetime dramas The Good Wife, Hawaii Five-O from CBS, NBC’s The Blacklist and ABC’s Scandal.
Known for live events broadcasting, Mongol TV will air the 87th Academy Awards live on 22 February 2015, which it acquired from Disney. This is the second year the broadcaster will air the show live.
“Mongol TV has been consistently top in ratings in Mongolia by providing our audiences with the best quality programming from around the world. We are fortunate that CBS, ITV, NBC, Fox , Disney and Sony provide us with their best shows for our territory and appreciate our ongoing partnerships with them,” said Chinbat.
Mongol TV launched in June 2009. It produces a live morning talk show, six days a week, from its multi-million dollar HD studios in Ulaanbaatar as well as programmes foreign series in primetime from top studios such as Warner Bros., Sony, CBS, FOX, NBC, ITV, and others.