- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Mongol TV acquires ‘Come Dine With Me’ format from ITV Studios
MUMBAI: Mongol TV in Mongolia has acquired ITV Studios Global Entertainment’s international hit format ‘Come Dine With Me’.
With this deal, the unscripted factual entertainment format has now been sold into over 40 countries. The format has established itself as one of the world’s most successful television format exports, currently on its 16th series in Germany, it’s second in Chile, and with over 950 episodes made in French Canada.
ITV Studios, Global Development & Formats, EVP Mike Beale said, “The enduring, multi-cultural appeal of Come Dine With Me continues. This is a show which delivers time and time again and we are delighted that it is finding a brand new audience through Mongol TV.”
‘Come Dine With Me’ follows amateur chefs competing against each other to host a dinner party for the other contestants. Each competitor then rates the host’s performance and at the end of the week the winner is rewarded with the ‘ultimate dinner party host’ title and a cash prize.
Mongol TV CEO Nomin Chinbat said, “Mongolians are very family-oriented people and cooking for family, friends is very meaningful in Mongolian culture. Come Dine With Me will not only offer a unique window to contemporary Mongolian society, but it will also showcase the competitive nature of Mongolian people. This combination is sure to appeal to our audience. It will be very interesting to share our version and add to the multi-cultural appeal of Come Dine With Me. We are excited to have acquired the license from ITVS GE and further expand our content. We certainly have the talent and capacity to produce formats of such a global magnitude.”