- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Mittu Chandilya unveils name, logo for CTL Bengaluru team
MUMBAI: AirAsia India CEO Mittu Chandilya today announced the name and logo for his Champions Tennis League (CTL) team—Bangalore Raptors.
Bengaluru being home to Chandilya and the airlines, he recently bought in his personal capacity the CTL franchise for the city.
Chandilya’s team is the first professional sports league team that has globally crowd-sourced its name. Inspired by one of the world’s most famous dinosaurs, the name defines the essence and DNA of the team.
With smart picks from the player draft, the team is a great combination of international experience and Indian talent—Venus Williams, Feliciano Lopez, Thomas Enqvist and Ramkumar Ramanathan.
Chandilya said, “Bangalore Raptors is born. This is the first sports venture that my wife Inga and I are getting together as co-owners, and the team is like our fourth child. We are mighty excited to unveil the name and logo, as we put a lot of thought into creating a memorable name and logo. The three claw scratches in the logo symbolise our three sons, who are growing up to love the game of tennis. The claw slashes also represent the sharp tennis strokes. Colours of the logo, blood red and midnight black, signify the ferocity of the Velociraptors, our team and the vibrant nature of the game.”
A former tennis player himself, he trained under Ramesh Krishnan. “It is a proud moment to gift the vibrant city of Bangalore its own tennis league team. Our fellow Bangaloreans can expect fireworks, entertainment, fun and all-round energy from the Bangalore Raptors.”
CTL owner Vijay Amritraj said, “We at CTL are delighted to welcome Mittu and Inga Chandilya’s Bangalore Raptors. Bangalore has a rich history of tennis, and the Raptors with their strong team will give the city’s fans a lot to cheer about.”
CTL makes its debut on Indian tennis turf on 15 November 2014. The league promises some phenomenal matches between the world’s best tennis players.
Bangalore Raptors will play on 17, 20, 21 and 24 November.