- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
MIB launches online portal for licence-related issues
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has launched an online portal, broadcastseva.gov.in, to provide a single-point facility to various stakeholders and applicants for various permissions, registrations and licences issued by the ministry for broadcast-related activities.
Currently, the following four modules are live:
i) Payment of annual permission fees for TV channels/teleports
ii) Application for temporary uplink of live events
iii) Application for setting up of community radio stations
iv) Application for registration as multi-system operators
The ministry has invited stakeholders to provide suggestions/feedback for improvement/better utilisation of the online portal.
The MIB said that the move is in keeping with the Prime Minister’s initiative of ‘Ease of Doing Business’, ‘Digital India’ and ‘Make in India’.