- Twist in Sheena case: Indrani seeks to pin blame on Peter Mukerjea
- Ryan school murder: Court to hear accused bus conductor's bail plea today
- BCCI set to revoke ban on RCA soon
- Only 93 lakh 'green tax' spent by Delhi govt out of crores, RTI reveals
- Reliance Group shares plunge
MIB launches online portal for licence-related issues
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has launched an online portal, broadcastseva.gov.in, to provide a single-point facility to various stakeholders and applicants for various permissions, registrations and licences issued by the ministry for broadcast-related activities.
Currently, the following four modules are live:
i) Payment of annual permission fees for TV channels/teleports
ii) Application for temporary uplink of live events
iii) Application for setting up of community radio stations
iv) Application for registration as multi-system operators
The ministry has invited stakeholders to provide suggestions/feedback for improvement/better utilisation of the online portal.
The MIB said that the move is in keeping with the Prime Minister’s initiative of ‘Ease of Doing Business’, ‘Digital India’ and ‘Make in India’.