- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
MIB launches online portal for licence-related issues
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has launched an online portal, broadcastseva.gov.in, to provide a single-point facility to various stakeholders and applicants for various permissions, registrations and licences issued by the ministry for broadcast-related activities.
Currently, the following four modules are live:
i) Payment of annual permission fees for TV channels/teleports
ii) Application for temporary uplink of live events
iii) Application for setting up of community radio stations
iv) Application for registration as multi-system operators
The ministry has invited stakeholders to provide suggestions/feedback for improvement/better utilisation of the online portal.
The MIB said that the move is in keeping with the Prime Minister’s initiative of ‘Ease of Doing Business’, ‘Digital India’ and ‘Make in India’.