- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
MIB Joint Secretary Jaya repatriated to home cadre state Tamil Nadu
MUMBAI: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) joint secretary (broadcasting) R Jaya has been repatriated to her home state Tamil Nadu cadre.
Jaya’s tenure as MIB joint secretary ended in end of July. The post of JS (broadcasting) is currently lying vacant.
Jaya was deputed as joint secretary (broadcasting) of the MIB in November. She replaced Supriya Sahu, who had joined the MIB in 2009.
As joint secretary, Jaya worked under three different secretaries. Bimal Julka was the MIB secretary when she joined the ministry. After Julka’s retirement, Sunil Arora took charge as the secretary in September 2015. However, Arora’s tenure was also short lived as he retired in April to make for the incumbent Ajay Mittal, who took over in May this year.
Jaya was the key link between the ministry and the stakeholders as far as the digital addressable system (DAS) Phase III implementation is concerned. She used to chair meetings of the DAS Task Force in the absence of secretary.