- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
MIB Joint Secretary Jaya repatriated to home cadre state Tamil Nadu
MUMBAI: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) joint secretary (broadcasting) R Jaya has been repatriated to her home state Tamil Nadu cadre.
Jaya’s tenure as MIB joint secretary ended in end of July. The post of JS (broadcasting) is currently lying vacant.
Jaya was deputed as joint secretary (broadcasting) of the MIB in November. She replaced Supriya Sahu, who had joined the MIB in 2009.
As joint secretary, Jaya worked under three different secretaries. Bimal Julka was the MIB secretary when she joined the ministry. After Julka’s retirement, Sunil Arora took charge as the secretary in September 2015. However, Arora’s tenure was also short lived as he retired in April to make for the incumbent Ajay Mittal, who took over in May this year.
Jaya was the key link between the ministry and the stakeholders as far as the digital addressable system (DAS) Phase III implementation is concerned. She used to chair meetings of the DAS Task Force in the absence of secretary.