- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
MIB asks teleport ops to submit exact location in 7 days for GIS plotting
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has asked teleport operators to furnish exact location of their teleport along with the longitude and latitude details for GIS plotting of all teleports.
The teleport operators have to furnish the details in seven days.
“It has been decided in the Ministry to prepare GIS Plotting of all teleports permitted by this Ministry. In this regard, all teleports operators are required to provide the information i.e. exact location of their teleport alongwith the longitude and latitude details,” the ministry said in a notice to all teleport companies.
“It is requested to furnish the required information within 7 days from the date of issue of this notice on the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a hard copy.”
A geographic information system (GIS) is a computer system for capturing, storing, checking, and displaying data related to positions on Earth’s surface.