- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
MIB asks teleport ops to submit exact location in 7 days for GIS plotting
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has asked teleport operators to furnish exact location of their teleport along with the longitude and latitude details for GIS plotting of all teleports.
The teleport operators have to furnish the details in seven days.
“It has been decided in the Ministry to prepare GIS Plotting of all teleports permitted by this Ministry. In this regard, all teleports operators are required to provide the information i.e. exact location of their teleport alongwith the longitude and latitude details,” the ministry said in a notice to all teleport companies.
“It is requested to furnish the required information within 7 days from the date of issue of this notice on the email ID email@example.com as well as a hard copy.”
A geographic information system (GIS) is a computer system for capturing, storing, checking, and displaying data related to positions on Earth’s surface.