- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
MIB appoints Puneet Kansal as Joint Secretary Broadcasting II
MUMBAI: Puneet Kansal, who was a director in the Ministry of Power, has been appointed as Joint Secretary (Broadcasting II) in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) with effect from 5 November.
Kansal’s appointment is effective for the balance period of his central deputation tenure till 22 February 2016. He is a Sikkim cadre IAS officer who has been on central deputation since 2009.
Earlier, Tamil Nadu cadre officer R Jaya was appointed Joint Secretary (Broadcasting I). She was earlier member secretary at the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).