- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
MIB appoints Puneet Kansal as Joint Secretary Broadcasting II
MUMBAI: Puneet Kansal, who was a director in the Ministry of Power, has been appointed as Joint Secretary (Broadcasting II) in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) with effect from 5 November.
Kansal’s appointment is effective for the balance period of his central deputation tenure till 22 February 2016. He is a Sikkim cadre IAS officer who has been on central deputation since 2009.
Earlier, Tamil Nadu cadre officer R Jaya was appointed Joint Secretary (Broadcasting I). She was earlier member secretary at the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).