- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
MIB appoints Puneet Kansal as Joint Secretary Broadcasting II
MUMBAI: Puneet Kansal, who was a director in the Ministry of Power, has been appointed as Joint Secretary (Broadcasting II) in the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) with effect from 5 November.
Kansal’s appointment is effective for the balance period of his central deputation tenure till 22 February 2016. He is a Sikkim cadre IAS officer who has been on central deputation since 2009.
Earlier, Tamil Nadu cadre officer R Jaya was appointed Joint Secretary (Broadcasting I). She was earlier member secretary at the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).