- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Max to air special film as a tribute to RD Burman
MUMBAI: Hindi movie channel Max will pay tribute to the musical legend RD Burman on his 75th birth anniversary with a special film ‘Pancham: Mujhe Chalte Jaana Hai’.
Airing on 27 June at 9 pm, and the film will showcase the life of one of the most creative music directors of Bollywood, fondly known as Pancham Da.
The special feature will also air on the network’s music channel Sony Mix on 28 June at 9 pm and its recently launched movie channel Max 2 on 29 June at 7 pm.
The film will feature several never-seen-before nuggets of Pancham Da’s life.
Sony Max senior EVP and business head Neeraj Vyas said, “RD Burman was a legend who still rules the hearts of millions all across the globe. It is our honour to salute a man of such stature by showcasing his classic work and his journey to become an idol through the distinctive film ‘Pancham: Mujhey Chaltey Jaana Hai’. I am certain that the visuals and anecdotes of the mega star will inspire audiences of all age groups.”
The film will feature celebrities from Bollywood who were an intrinsic part and had the opportunity to be up close and personal with the legend. Sharing the intricacies of what went into making a genius called RD Burman will be personalities like Gulzar, Javed Akhtar, Pyarelal, Asha Bhosle, Shantanu Moitra, Vishal Bharadwaj, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor and Manna Dey.
They will share their memories of the prodigy, giving viewers insights into Pancham Da’s inner being through an incisive glance at his artistry.