- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Madame Tussauds is heading to Delhi with a new interactive wax experience
MUMBAI: Merlin Entertainments, a visitor attraction operator, today announced its foray into the Indian market with the launch of its latest offering – Madame Tussauds Delhi.
World renowned for over 250 years for the creation of detailed and lifelike wax figures, Madame Tussauds will pay homage to A-List celebrities from Bollywood through to Hollywood at the new attraction in Delhi, in addition to featuring icons from sport, music and notables that have not only shaped the popular and historical landscape of India, but the world as a whole.
Launching mid 2017 within the heart of the capital in the famed Regal Cinema at Connaught Place, Madame Tussauds Delhi will be the only attraction to encourage guests to have fun with the famous by offering a host of experiences spread over two interactive floors.
Chief new openings officer John Jakobsen said, “We are delighted to be announcing that our 22nd Madame Tussauds Attraction will be opening in Delhi. Ever since we introduced Amitabh Bachchan as the first Bollywood figure in Madame Tussauds London in 2000, we have seen how Madame Tussauds appeals to the Indian consumer, and having a permanent attraction in the heart of the country’s capital made perfect sense for the evolution of the Madame Tussauds story.
“In order to bring the attraction to life, we worked with a host of local experts to ensure an authentic visitor experience – truly bringing to life the color and vibrancy that encapsulates the essence of India. We have no doubt that locals and visitors alike will relish in meeting their heroes in a way that only Madame Tussauds can offer.”
Allowing closer access than ever before, guests will be encouraged to interact with the incredibly life-like figures in highly themed and immersive environments. Visitors will be able to give a speech with Prime Minster Narendra Modi, take a selfie with Kim Kardashian and test their bowling skills and technique with cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar.