- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
Lovepreet Sangha and Satender Ved Pal to debut at WWE Live India
MUMBAI: Former World Kabbadi League champion Lovepreet Sangha and two-time Kushti National Heavyweight Champion Satender Ved Pal will make their in-ring debuts in front of their hometown fans during WWE Live India at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium on 15 January at 7 pm and 16 January at 5:30 pm.
Both athletes were signed to NXT, WWE’s developmental division, this past June and train out of the state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
“WWE is a global, family-friendly entertainment company committed to serving the passionate fan base in India. We are delighted the fans in India will have the opportunity to witness history with the first live matches for Lovepreet and Satender,” said WWE EVP talent, live events & creative Paul Levesque (Triple H).
Lovepreet Sangha, 6 feet, 225 pounds, was one of the top raiders in the World Kabaddi League in 2014 and was a member of the United Singhs team that won the league championship. Satender Ved Pal, 6-4 and 235 pounds, was a standout in Indian wrestling. He was also a two-time national heavyweight champion in Kushti.
Fans attending WWE Live India will also be able to see their favourite WWE Superstars and Divas including John Cena, Big Show and WWE Divas Champion, Charlotte. Tickets are still available online at in.bookmyshow.com with prices starting from Rs 1,699.