- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Lovepreet Sangha and Satender Ved Pal to debut at WWE Live India
MUMBAI: Former World Kabbadi League champion Lovepreet Sangha and two-time Kushti National Heavyweight Champion Satender Ved Pal will make their in-ring debuts in front of their hometown fans during WWE Live India at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium on 15 January at 7 pm and 16 January at 5:30 pm.
Both athletes were signed to NXT, WWE’s developmental division, this past June and train out of the state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
“WWE is a global, family-friendly entertainment company committed to serving the passionate fan base in India. We are delighted the fans in India will have the opportunity to witness history with the first live matches for Lovepreet and Satender,” said WWE EVP talent, live events & creative Paul Levesque (Triple H).
Lovepreet Sangha, 6 feet, 225 pounds, was one of the top raiders in the World Kabaddi League in 2014 and was a member of the United Singhs team that won the league championship. Satender Ved Pal, 6-4 and 235 pounds, was a standout in Indian wrestling. He was also a two-time national heavyweight champion in Kushti.
Fans attending WWE Live India will also be able to see their favourite WWE Superstars and Divas including John Cena, Big Show and WWE Divas Champion, Charlotte. Tickets are still available online at in.bookmyshow.com with prices starting from Rs 1,699.