- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Live Viacom18 to kick off new season of ‘Emerge’
MUMBAI: Live Viacom18 is back with a new season of its music and art platform ‘Emerge’. The festival will kick off this month with an international act ‘Griz’.
The American DJ, electronic producer and saxophonist Grant Kwiecinski, popularly known as Griz, will perform in the three metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru from 21 to 23 August.
Conceptualised by Live Viacom18, ‘Emerge’ is an innovative music and art platform bringing emerging international artists to Indian shores with the brand philosophy ‘like never seen before’
Viacom18 Pvt Ltd SVP and business head Jaideep Singh said, “With live music gaining ground amongst Indian audiences, we wanted to enthrall music lovers with performances by big international acts such as Griz. By bringing contemporary international musical talent to India, Emerge has become the destination for experiential live entertainment. With our previous editions receiving a great response, we are focused on building Emerge as festival ‘like never seen before’.”
Having received fame for his debut album ‘End of the World Party’ in 2011, Griz ended up supporting bigger artists like Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Gramatik and Big Gigantic on their respective tours, eventually leading to his own headlining tour.
Showcasing some of the best sculptures, art installations and live art by artistes across the country, Emerge aims to bridge the gap between India and the global music scenario.