- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Live Viacom18 to kick off new season of ‘Emerge’
MUMBAI: Live Viacom18 is back with a new season of its music and art platform ‘Emerge’. The festival will kick off this month with an international act ‘Griz’.
The American DJ, electronic producer and saxophonist Grant Kwiecinski, popularly known as Griz, will perform in the three metros of Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru from 21 to 23 August.
Conceptualised by Live Viacom18, ‘Emerge’ is an innovative music and art platform bringing emerging international artists to Indian shores with the brand philosophy ‘like never seen before’
Viacom18 Pvt Ltd SVP and business head Jaideep Singh said, “With live music gaining ground amongst Indian audiences, we wanted to enthrall music lovers with performances by big international acts such as Griz. By bringing contemporary international musical talent to India, Emerge has become the destination for experiential live entertainment. With our previous editions receiving a great response, we are focused on building Emerge as festival ‘like never seen before’.”
Having received fame for his debut album ‘End of the World Party’ in 2011, Griz ended up supporting bigger artists like Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Gramatik and Big Gigantic on their respective tours, eventually leading to his own headlining tour.
Showcasing some of the best sculptures, art installations and live art by artistes across the country, Emerge aims to bridge the gap between India and the global music scenario.