- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Lionsgate Television Group promotes Laura Kennedy to COO
MUMBAI: Laura Kennedy has been promoted to COO of the Lionsgate Television Group, a division of the US media and entertainment company Lionsgate.
In her new position, Kennedy will head operations, strategy and planning of the company’s fast-growing television division, one of the largest independent television businesses in the world, and will continue to direct all M&A activity related to Lionsgate’s television operations.
Kennedy, a 10-year veteran of Lionsgate and a member of the company’s senior management team, will report to Lionsgate Television Group chairman Kevin Beggs.
“Laura has been instrumental in helping us rapidly grow and diversify our television business. She has a great understanding of where the industry is headed, coupled with the ability to plan the acquisitions and internal growth that will enable us to execute our strategic vision. We expect her to play a valuable role in continuing to build Lionsgate Television into a global content powerhouse,” said Beggs.
“Laura is one of the star executives who will play a key role in moving our Company forward. With the recent integration of Starz and our growing investment in new content, our opportunities to continue scaling our television platform are greater than ever. Laura’s strategic grasp, financial acumen and deal-making ability will be an important part of that process,” said Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer.
Before her promotion, Kennedy served as Lionsgate executive VP of Television operations & corporate development. In her dual roles, she has been instrumental in the strategic acquisitions and corporate financings that have transformed Lionsgate from a small independent studio into a diversified multibillion-dollar global content platform.