- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Lionsgate earns 23 Emmy nominations
MUMBAI: US media and entertainment company Lionsgate has announced that its series ‘Orange Is The New Black’, ‘Mad Men’ and ‘Nurse Jackie’ earned a total of 23 Emmy nominations. Winners to celebrate the best in US television will be announced next month.
There was a seventh consecutive Outstanding Drama Series nomination for four-time Emmy winner ‘Mad Men’ (AMC); an Outstanding Comedy Series nomination for ‘Orange Is The New Black’ (Netflix), the most nominated comedy series this year; and three lead acting nominations including ‘Mad Men’s Jon Hamm (his seventh drama nomination), multiple Emmy winner Edie Falco and Taylor Schilling, who landed her first Emmy nomination as Lead Actress for ‘Orange Is The New Black’.
Mad Men’s eight nominations also include nods for Christina Hendricks as Supporting Actress (her fifth nomination), Robert Morse as Guest Actor (his fifth nomination), as well as nominations for Art Direction, Costumes, Hairstyling and Makeup.
‘Orange Is The New Black’ earned 12 nominations. In addition to Edie Falco’s nomination for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series, ‘Nurse Jackie’ earned nominations for Casting and Sound Mixing.
Lionsgate Television Group chairman Kevin Beggs said, “These nominations underscore the strength, quality and diversity of Lionsgate’s roster of iconic and emerging series. We are extremely proud of the tremendous success of our breakthrough hit ‘Orange Is The New Black’ and the outstanding work being done season after season on ‘Mad Men’ and ‘Nurse Jackie’. We salute our nominees and thank the TV Academy for this tremendous recognition.”