- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Kohli emerges as most Googled IPL 7 player
MUMBAI: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) skipper Virat Kohli is the most searched player in the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), web giant Google’s search results have revealed.
Kohli beats Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who led the search in the previous edition of the cricket league. Yuvraj Singh from RCB captured the third position.
With the tournament coming back to home ground, online search by cricket enthusiasts has seen an increase as fans are following on- and off-ground developments related to their favourite teams and players more closely.
The return to home ground clearly reflected in the search results, with fans reciprocating the return with a marginal increase in search queries. In addition to fans from India, search trends are also being driven by fans from neighbouring regions including Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and the UAE.
With one of the most striking catches taken in cricket against RCB to his credit, IPL debutant Chris Lynn from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) took the fourth spot as the most searched player.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) lead batsman Virendra Sehwag may have not scored big runs on the ground yet but he continues to attract a lot of queries on Google Search, which has pulled him up to the fifth spot.
KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir and KXIP star performer Glenn Maxwell have also found a place in the top 10 IPL players on Google Search.
Other players in the top 10 include Chris Gayle, Suresh Raina and Sunrisers Hyderabad skipper Shikhar Dhawan.
Interestingly, KXIP’s Sanjay Bangar is the only Indian coach in this season of the IPL who was searched frequently on Google, owing to the extraordinary performance by his team in all of its five matches held in the UAE.