- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Kohli emerges as most Googled IPL 7 player
MUMBAI: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) skipper Virat Kohli is the most searched player in the seventh edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), web giant Google’s search results have revealed.
Kohli beats Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who led the search in the previous edition of the cricket league. Yuvraj Singh from RCB captured the third position.
With the tournament coming back to home ground, online search by cricket enthusiasts has seen an increase as fans are following on- and off-ground developments related to their favourite teams and players more closely.
The return to home ground clearly reflected in the search results, with fans reciprocating the return with a marginal increase in search queries. In addition to fans from India, search trends are also being driven by fans from neighbouring regions including Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and the UAE.
With one of the most striking catches taken in cricket against RCB to his credit, IPL debutant Chris Lynn from Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) took the fourth spot as the most searched player.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) lead batsman Virendra Sehwag may have not scored big runs on the ground yet but he continues to attract a lot of queries on Google Search, which has pulled him up to the fifth spot.
KKR skipper Gautam Gambhir and KXIP star performer Glenn Maxwell have also found a place in the top 10 IPL players on Google Search.
Other players in the top 10 include Chris Gayle, Suresh Raina and Sunrisers Hyderabad skipper Shikhar Dhawan.
Interestingly, KXIP’s Sanjay Bangar is the only Indian coach in this season of the IPL who was searched frequently on Google, owing to the extraordinary performance by his team in all of its five matches held in the UAE.