- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
‘Khoobsurat’, ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ get tepid response at box office
MUMBAI: Yash Raj Films’ ‘Daawat-e-Ishq’ and Walt Disney Pictures’ ‘Khoobsurat’, the two films that released on Friday, have failed to set the box office on fire.
‘Daawat-e-Ishq’, starring Aditya Roy Kapur, Parineeti Chopra and Anupam Kher, collected Rs 3.72 crore (Rs 37.2 million) on Friday, Rs 4.33 crore (Rs 43.3 million) on Saturday and Rs 5.35 crore (Rs 53.5 million) on Sunday.
Directed by Habib Faisal, the film deals with the issue of dowry, and how a girl, with her father on her side, decides to dupe the suitors who ask for dowry.
Meanwhile, the much talked-about ‘Khoobsurat’, a remake of an old classic film with a fairytale production by the Walt Disney Pictures (first time under its own banner, earlier films were produced under UTV Motion Pictures’), debuted with a collection of Rs 2.47 crore (Rs 24.7 million). The collections gradually increased to Rs 3.27 crore (Rs 32.7 million) on Saturday and Rs 4.57 crore (Rs 45.7 million) on Sunday.
Last week’s releases ‘Finding Fanny’ and ‘Creature 3D’ ended their first week’s run with net collections of Rs 23.33 crore (Rs 233.3 million) and Rs 16.56 crore (Rs 165.6 million) respectively.
Priyanka Chopra-starrer biopic ‘Mary Kom’ collected Rs 10.88 crore (Rs 108.8 million) in its second week, thus taking the two weeks’ total to Rs 52.74 crore (Rs 527.4 million).