- Tea at 7, Lunch at 50 - Indian Railways Tweets Menu So Customers Don't Get Overcharged
- On World Water Day, Railways unveils water conservation policy
- Interest subsidy scheme for MIG effective from Jan 1
- Election Commission freezes AIADMK's election symbol ahead of major bypoll
- Flipkart Sale, Android O Features, Samsung Pay in India, More
- Aadhaar must for IT returns to curb tax evasion and frauds, says government Times of India - ?4 hours ago?
- Yogi Adityanath bans pan masala, tobacco in govt buildings
- Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM: Modi is performing the last rites of Nehruvian secularism
Keshet Intl acquires Scandinavian noir crime drama ‘Fallet for intl distribution
MUMBAI: Keshet International (KI) has announced the acquisition of the one-of-a-kind Scandi Noir crime dramedy, ‘Fallet’ (The Case) from FLX.
It will launch the 8 x 30’ English and Swedish language series internationally at the entertainment content marketplace MipTV which runs in France from 3-7 April, along with a slate of new and returning programming spanning all genres.
Also headlining the slate is the new comedy drama ‘Loaded’, a co-production between AMC, Channel 4, Hillbilly Television and Keshet UK and true-crime series ‘World’s Most Evil Killers’ which has recently debuted on Sky Pick in the UK, outperforming its slot by up to 137 per cent to become the highest-rated show on Sunday night at 10 pm in the last four years.
In addition to ‘Loaded’, KI continues to deliver scripted fare with season two of BBC One’s family drama ‘The A Word’ as well as ‘Prisoners of War India’ and ‘The Paper’.
The entertainment formats slate includes a new studio game show, ‘Contacts’, which is all about who you know, as players must rely solely on the knowledge possessed by the contacts in their mobile phone to answer questions against the clock; the outdoor action-packed game show ‘Flight Club’ in which a group of friends take part in wild challenges on their way to the airport to win a holiday of a lifetime; and the celebrity panel game show ‘Lovers or Liars’ in which stars (and viewers at home) become the detectives of True Love.
These new formats join the unique social experiments ‘Manbirth’ and ‘Boxed’ which launched at Mipcom and have gone on to sell in Latin America and Asia.
KI COO, president of distribution Keren Shahar said, “I’m proud to say our MipTV slate is an exciting hybrid of our home grown content alongside some brilliant off-beat, high-rating gems from a diverse range of international markets. Our growing finished programming catalogue offers high quality content for broadcasters anywhere in the world complimented by some really neat, light and funny pure entertainment formats.”