- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Jio replaces ‘Summer Special’ offer with unlimited data plan
MUMBAI: Withdrawing its ‘Summer Surprise’ offer following the disapproval of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Reliance Jio has launched ‘All Unlimited’ plans with special benefits, exclusively for its Jio Prime members.
For Rs 309, Jio provides unlimited SMS, calling and data (1GB per day at 4G speed) for three months on first recharge.
For high data users, the company has launched a Rs 509 plan offering unlimited SMS, calling and data (2GB per day at 4G speed) for 3 months on first recharge.
Considering the special benefits that are available to Jio Prime members, customers who were unable to subscribe to Jio Prime for any reason can continue to do so by paying Rs 408 or Rs. 608 (Jio Prime + recharge price) to avail these benefits.
These plans will be available starting 11 April. Existing Jio customers who have not done their first recharge so far, need to do so by 15 April to avoid degradation or discontinuation of services.
Jio is currently implementing the world’s largest migration from free to paid services in such a short period of time.
Earlier, Jio had launched the ‘Summer Surprise’ offer under which Prime customers who made a first recharge of Rs 303 or more would get three months service for free.
This plan has been withdrawn due to TRAI’s advice.