- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Jagdish Chandra gets additional role as CEO of DNA
MUMBAI: Jagdish Chandra, who was recently appointed executive director of Zee Media Corporation Ltd’s (ZMCL) regional news channels, will also take charge of Essel Group’s newspaper DNA as CEO.
The new role will be in addition to Chandra’s position as the head of Zee Media’s regional news channels, a source said.
As CEO, Chandra will be responsible for the P&L of DNA, the source added.
In February, the board of ZMCL had approved the appointment of Chandra as the head of the company’s regional news channels.
Chandra’s appointment is for a period of five years from 3 February 2017, Zee Media had earlier said.
Chandra, who was a senior IAS officer of the Rajasthan government, had taken voluntary retirement to join ETV News Network in September 2008. ETV News Network was then under Ramoji Rao-promoted Eenadu Television. It was acquired by Network18 in 2012. Ambani had taken control of Network18 in 2014.
Zee Media Corporation runs a cluster of news, current affairs and regional news channels, which include Zee News, Zee Business, India 24×7, WION, Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal, Zee Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh, Zee 24 Taas, 24 Ghanta, Zee Kalinga News, Zee Purvaiya and Zee Rajasthan News.