- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
ITV Studios, Deal or No Deal exec Glenn Hugill float new company
MUMBAI: UK broadcaster ITV has teamed up with Glenn Hugill for a new company Possessed TV. It will join the ITV Studios stable and sit alongside ITVS Entertainment, and established labels including 12 Yard Productions and Potato.
Hugill began his career as an actor and moved into presenting and producing in 2000 with Channel 5 reality series ‘The Mole’, which won the Rose D’Or. He went on to produce a number of series including ‘Playing it Straight’ (Channel 4), ‘Beauty and the Geek’ (BBC3) and ‘Cash Cab’ (ITV).
Hugill joined Endemol’s central creative unit in 2005 which then went on to create formats including ‘SpinStar’ (ITV), ‘101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow’ (BBC), ‘The Whole 19 Yards’ (ITV) and ‘Pointless’ (BBC).
He was also central to the success of Channel 4’s ‘Deal or No Deal’, the most successful UK daytime show of all time, where he created, and reportedly played, the notorious character of ‘The Banker’ alongside his role as series executive producer.
Hugill moved on from ‘Deal or No Deal’ at the beginning of the year to create a new game show called ‘Two Tribes’, which was recently recorded by the BBC for transmission this autumn.
ITV Studios UK MD Denise O’Donoghue said, “I am absolutely thrilled that Glenn has chosen ITV Studios to partner with him in Possessed TV. We really wanted to bring him into ITVS and I’m delighted that he has decided to work with us. Glenn is a brilliant creative talent, an ideas person, and a meticulous producer with the necessary drive and charisma to get shows across the commissioning line and to keep them on air.”
Hugill said, “This is the most exciting time for TV format creation since the 1950s. Modern viewers have so taken control as to redefine what it means to watch TV. It’s a bit like discovering the house you’ve lived in for 50 years has a huge attic you never knew about. And a garden. With a pond in it. The time is right and the fit with ITV Studios feels great. Let’s get in that pond.”