- FCC chief writes to TRAI after US court recently upheld rules defined by it
- Kejriwal to visit Goa, Punjab and Gujarat
- CPM central leadership asks Bengal unit to maintain equidistance from BJP and Congress
- Cameron rejects second Brexit vote even as market fallout worsens
- Women's kabaddi league to start today
- 1.6 million premature deaths per year tied to air pollution: IEA report
- Another judge recuses from Essar phone tapping case hearing
- Probe panel: Former Home Secretary Pillai knew of Ishrat affidavit changes
- Indigenous fighter Tejas finds its place in the IAF after 33 years
- Monsoon may hit North Indian plains on July 1, says IMD
- Shortage of onions likely this year
- Pope's call for apology to gays evokes mixed response
- Sena baiters in Maharashtra BJP are insane: Saamna newspaper
- Actor Tusshar becomes a single dad through surrogacy
- Action likely against Roorkee IITians who skipped Yoga drills
- India joins Missile Technology Control Regime
- US Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion law imposing strict regulations
- Snowden loses lawsuit against Norway to prevent extradition
- Christian woman stripped, assaulted in Pakistan
- British Labour Party leader Corbyn refuses to step down, no-trust vote likely
- Nusli Wadia deposes before CBI court in 27-year-old murder conspiracy case
- PM snubs Swamy: It is inappropriate, a stunt
- Army, CRPF fought to take credit for terrorist deaths after Pampore attack
iTV Network MD Kartikeya Sharma to launch Pro Wrestling League in India
MUMBAI: After kabaddi and soccer, another age-old sport is set to go professional in India. Wrestling will get a much-need financial and morale boost as iTV Network managing director Kartikeya Sharma is investing in Pro Wrestling League that is set to develop along the lines of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) and Indian Super League (ISL).
Sharma has formed Pro Sportify, a company that will start with the Pro Wrestling League. The company has plans to expand in the business of sports leagues not just in India but globally.
Sharma is confident that Pro Sportify will usher in a new era for the business of sports in India. “Our philosophy as a company is reflected in our name Pro Sportify. Our approach to uplift and transform sports will be thoroughly professional, but there will be no compromises with the basics and essence of the sports. Moreover, we will keep the culture and heritage of the sport intact. This philosophy will also reflect in our first venture Pro Wrestling League, which in spite of all commercial exploitations will remain the real deal for sportsmen,” he said.
The Pro Wrestling League will be announced soon.
“I thank Kartikeya from the core of my heart for his whole-hearted support for the cause of sports in India. Professionalism in any industry does not mean minting money. It’s about creating more opportunities for each constituent of that particular industry. That is what we are going to do in Pro Sportify. Betterment of sportspersons, more opportunities and positive gains to our associates and more excitement, fun and sporting innovations for the fans will be a continuous process in Pro Sportify,” said Chadha.