- Supreme Court declines to refer Cauvery water dispute to tribunal
- R Ashwin equals Kapil Dev's record of 23 five-wicket hauls in Tests
- Cyclone Vardah blow to Andamans rescue plan
- GST dilemma: Hope fades for new tax regime
- Cashless India: Buying petrol, insurance with cards to be cheaper
- John Glenn, first American to orbit Earth, passes away at 95
- On Army Controversy, Manohar Parrikar's Stinging Letter To Mamata Banerjee
- Hyderabad building collapse: One dead, 12 feared trapped, rescue ops underway
iTV Network MD Kartikeya Sharma to launch Pro Wrestling League in India
MUMBAI: After kabaddi and soccer, another age-old sport is set to go professional in India. Wrestling will get a much-need financial and morale boost as iTV Network managing director Kartikeya Sharma is investing in Pro Wrestling League that is set to develop along the lines of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) and Indian Super League (ISL).
Sharma has formed Pro Sportify, a company that will start with the Pro Wrestling League. The company has plans to expand in the business of sports leagues not just in India but globally.
Sharma is confident that Pro Sportify will usher in a new era for the business of sports in India. “Our philosophy as a company is reflected in our name Pro Sportify. Our approach to uplift and transform sports will be thoroughly professional, but there will be no compromises with the basics and essence of the sports. Moreover, we will keep the culture and heritage of the sport intact. This philosophy will also reflect in our first venture Pro Wrestling League, which in spite of all commercial exploitations will remain the real deal for sportsmen,” he said.
The Pro Wrestling League will be announced soon.
“I thank Kartikeya from the core of my heart for his whole-hearted support for the cause of sports in India. Professionalism in any industry does not mean minting money. It’s about creating more opportunities for each constituent of that particular industry. That is what we are going to do in Pro Sportify. Betterment of sportspersons, more opportunities and positive gains to our associates and more excitement, fun and sporting innovations for the fans will be a continuous process in Pro Sportify,” said Chadha.