- AIB comedian in trouble for poking pun at Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- No Scheduled Caste judge sent to Supreme Court for the last 6 years
- Reliance Jio to lease more base stations to beef up urban network
- National Green Tribunal car ban may extend to more cities
- Upper caste, Congress votes key to Shah's UP poll math
- GST impact will be felt from the next day: Godrej
- UK government company, IFC back Tatas' affordable homes
- N-armed Pak can target Delhi in 5 minutes: AQ Khan
- Plans to get missiles, radars from Finmeccanica face axe
- AAP rebel group forms Swaraj Party in Chandigarh
- Haryana gears up as Jats threaten stir
- UP teen raped, body hung from tree
- FM meets SoftBank CEO on Japan trip
- CBI reopens probe into Vyapam scam suspect's death
- More than half fail Class X Bihar board exams
- 1.8 toilets built since October 2014, but no water to use them
- BJP announces Rajya Sabha nominations, Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to represent Karnataka
- Five arrested for attacks on Africans
- IIT Bombay electric car in global challenge
- Khalistan group plotting attacks in Punjab, India alerts Canada
- CPM invites private investment for Kerala
- Mulayam, Ajit Singh in talks for rare UP pre-poll alliance
iTV Network MD Kartikeya Sharma to launch Pro Wrestling League in India
MUMBAI: After kabaddi and soccer, another age-old sport is set to go professional in India. Wrestling will get a much-need financial and morale boost as iTV Network managing director Kartikeya Sharma is investing in Pro Wrestling League that is set to develop along the lines of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) and Indian Super League (ISL).
Sharma has formed Pro Sportify, a company that will start with the Pro Wrestling League. The company has plans to expand in the business of sports leagues not just in India but globally.
Sharma is confident that Pro Sportify will usher in a new era for the business of sports in India. “Our philosophy as a company is reflected in our name Pro Sportify. Our approach to uplift and transform sports will be thoroughly professional, but there will be no compromises with the basics and essence of the sports. Moreover, we will keep the culture and heritage of the sport intact. This philosophy will also reflect in our first venture Pro Wrestling League, which in spite of all commercial exploitations will remain the real deal for sportsmen,” he said.
The Pro Wrestling League will be announced soon.
“I thank Kartikeya from the core of my heart for his whole-hearted support for the cause of sports in India. Professionalism in any industry does not mean minting money. It’s about creating more opportunities for each constituent of that particular industry. That is what we are going to do in Pro Sportify. Betterment of sportspersons, more opportunities and positive gains to our associates and more excitement, fun and sporting innovations for the fans will be a continuous process in Pro Sportify,” said Chadha.