- New York Times posts loss, digital ad revenue falls
- Iran men wear veils to express solidarity with women's fight
- US has crossed red line, says North Korea, warns of war
- Beijing, Moscow to hold joint navy drills in South China sea
- Hafiz Saeed oveeseeing IS strikes in Afghanistan, says Kabul
- India needs drastic policy reform, saya Modi
- SC seeks list of defamation cases filed by Jaya government
- Robots just as good as human surgeons, says Australian committee
- A R Rahman to sing at UN on August 15
- Ishrat case probe official made secretary of national panel
- Pak court allows 26/11 attack boat inspection
- Rajastan government to move SC against Salman Khan's acquittal in chinkara poaching case
- Renowned author Mahashweta Devi passed away at 90
- SC/ST parliamentarians' forum to ask Dalits to stop all menial work
- Defiant Merkel defends her pro-refugee stance after strikes
- MH370 captain's simulator contained Indian Ocean route
- Obama hails Hillary as political heir
- Rajya Sabha uproar as opposition sees bid to make Aadhar card a must
- Give us a date when dal prices will come down, Rahul tells PM
- Una Dalit victims undergo psychiatric treatment
- Cow protectors warned Muslim women: We would have killed you if you were men
- Newly wed Muslim woman divorces husband over phone
- Every fourth person categorised as 'beggar' in India is a Muslim
- Congress signals nod for GST next week as Jaitley reaches out to the opposition
- 26/11 'plotter' Ansari among 12 convicted, 8 accused acquitted
- Dalit couple killed in UP over Rs 15
- Sacrifice of Kashmiri kids won't go in vain says Mehbooba Mufti
iTV Network MD Kartikeya Sharma to launch Pro Wrestling League in India
MUMBAI: After kabaddi and soccer, another age-old sport is set to go professional in India. Wrestling will get a much-need financial and morale boost as iTV Network managing director Kartikeya Sharma is investing in Pro Wrestling League that is set to develop along the lines of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) and Indian Super League (ISL).
Sharma has formed Pro Sportify, a company that will start with the Pro Wrestling League. The company has plans to expand in the business of sports leagues not just in India but globally.
Sharma is confident that Pro Sportify will usher in a new era for the business of sports in India. “Our philosophy as a company is reflected in our name Pro Sportify. Our approach to uplift and transform sports will be thoroughly professional, but there will be no compromises with the basics and essence of the sports. Moreover, we will keep the culture and heritage of the sport intact. This philosophy will also reflect in our first venture Pro Wrestling League, which in spite of all commercial exploitations will remain the real deal for sportsmen,” he said.
The Pro Wrestling League will be announced soon.
“I thank Kartikeya from the core of my heart for his whole-hearted support for the cause of sports in India. Professionalism in any industry does not mean minting money. It’s about creating more opportunities for each constituent of that particular industry. That is what we are going to do in Pro Sportify. Betterment of sportspersons, more opportunities and positive gains to our associates and more excitement, fun and sporting innovations for the fans will be a continuous process in Pro Sportify,” said Chadha.