- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
ISL 2016 opening ceremony to be held in Guwahati
MUMBAI: Football Sports Development Ltd, the promoter of Indian Super League (ISL), has awarded Guwahati, Assam, the rights to host the opening ceremony and the season opener match of ISL 2016.
Assam has established itself as the emerging football powerhouse in the country. By awarding Guwahati the rights to host ISL 2016 opening ceremony, Football Sports Development wishes to celebrate the North East’s contribution to the development of Indian football and recognise the potential it has in shaping the future of the beautiful game in the country.
Indira Gandhi Stadium, Sarusajai, which has capacity of 30,000 people, will be the hub of Indian and global fans on 1 October 2016 as the ISL teams join owners, celebrities and performers to provide North East a memorable visual extravaganza at the Opening Ceremony.
The host club NorthEast United FC—aptly representing the eight states of North East—led by new coach Nelo ‘The Professor’ Vingada, will begin the season opening match against Steve Coppell’s Kerala Blasters FC in the ISL 2016 opener.