- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
IPL to have eight opening ceremonies
MUMBAI: To mark the 10th edition of the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL), the BCCI has decided to have eight opening ceremonies to cover each franchise city.
On 5 April the first match will take place in Hyderabad as that franchise emerged victorious last year. In addition to that opening ceremony, every franchise city will have an opening ceremony before their first match.
“This is a good thing. Now fans in each city will get to experience the festivities and excitement,” a franchise official said. The official added that this was the only major thing that came up. There was no talk of player retention for the next season when all the players go back to the auction pool.
There was also no talk about the possibility of Pune and Gujarat taking part after this season gets over. “The purpose of the workshop was to focus on the upcoming season. This was not the forum to talk about those matters,” said the official.