- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
IPL to have eight opening ceremonies
MUMBAI: To mark the 10th edition of the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL), the BCCI has decided to have eight opening ceremonies to cover each franchise city.
On 5 April the first match will take place in Hyderabad as that franchise emerged victorious last year. In addition to that opening ceremony, every franchise city will have an opening ceremony before their first match.
“This is a good thing. Now fans in each city will get to experience the festivities and excitement,” a franchise official said. The official added that this was the only major thing that came up. There was no talk of player retention for the next season when all the players go back to the auction pool.
There was also no talk about the possibility of Pune and Gujarat taking part after this season gets over. “The purpose of the workshop was to focus on the upcoming season. This was not the forum to talk about those matters,” said the official.