- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
IPL playoffs record new high on Twitter with 1.2 mn tweets
MUMBAI: Twitter has recorded a new high with 1.2 million tweets with IPL playoffs. It is the first time that IPL playoffs have generated over a million tweets.
Tweets related to the IPL final, which was between the Mumbai Indians and the Rising Pune Supergiants, doubled in volume.
Commenting on the same, Twitter India and South East Asia head of sports partnerships Aneesh Madani said, “It was a fitting tenth season for the IPL on the field and on Twitter. From the player Twitter emojis, which were a global first for cricket, to champions Mumbai Indians using the exclusive Twitter Cam app for the #MICam video series, to the million plus tweets for the IPL playoffs, the cricket conversation played out on Twitter throughout the season.”
Among the teams, Mumbai Indians managed to win the battles both on and off the field. Rohit Sharma (@ImRO45) and team certainly won the fans over, becoming the most-mentioned team this season. The top five teams also had a surprise entrant in Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets), who snuck into the list of most mentions despite a woeful IPL season.