- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
IPL playoffs record new high on Twitter with 1.2 mn tweets
MUMBAI: Twitter has recorded a new high with 1.2 million tweets with IPL playoffs. It is the first time that IPL playoffs have generated over a million tweets.
Tweets related to the IPL final, which was between the Mumbai Indians and the Rising Pune Supergiants, doubled in volume.
Commenting on the same, Twitter India and South East Asia head of sports partnerships Aneesh Madani said, “It was a fitting tenth season for the IPL on the field and on Twitter. From the player Twitter emojis, which were a global first for cricket, to champions Mumbai Indians using the exclusive Twitter Cam app for the #MICam video series, to the million plus tweets for the IPL playoffs, the cricket conversation played out on Twitter throughout the season.”
Among the teams, Mumbai Indians managed to win the battles both on and off the field. Rohit Sharma (@ImRO45) and team certainly won the fans over, becoming the most-mentioned team this season. The top five teams also had a surprise entrant in Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets), who snuck into the list of most mentions despite a woeful IPL season.