- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
IPL playoffs record new high on Twitter with 1.2 mn tweets
MUMBAI: Twitter has recorded a new high with 1.2 million tweets with IPL playoffs. It is the first time that IPL playoffs have generated over a million tweets.
Tweets related to the IPL final, which was between the Mumbai Indians and the Rising Pune Supergiants, doubled in volume.
Commenting on the same, Twitter India and South East Asia head of sports partnerships Aneesh Madani said, “It was a fitting tenth season for the IPL on the field and on Twitter. From the player Twitter emojis, which were a global first for cricket, to champions Mumbai Indians using the exclusive Twitter Cam app for the #MICam video series, to the million plus tweets for the IPL playoffs, the cricket conversation played out on Twitter throughout the season.”
Among the teams, Mumbai Indians managed to win the battles both on and off the field. Rohit Sharma (@ImRO45) and team certainly won the fans over, becoming the most-mentioned team this season. The top five teams also had a surprise entrant in Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets), who snuck into the list of most mentions despite a woeful IPL season.