- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
IPL 9 drove highest level of conversation on Facebook
MUMBAI: The recently concluded ninth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) drove conversations on Facebook with 360 million posts, comments and likes, the highest the social site has measured for any IPL, said Facebook India sports partnership head Asha Thacker.
Thacker further stated that the tournament witnessed record level of conversations on Facebook with 30 million people joining in the chatter around it. The Facebook pages of the IPL and the eight teams totalled over 140 million video views during the season.
During the 50-day tournament, the IPL Facebook page grew by over 2 million fans to 18.3 million. Throughout the IPL, the league shared pitch reports, warm-ups, as well as in-match highlight video clips and pictures on Facebook and Instagram, Thacker stated.
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) captain and Player of the Tournament Virat Kohli was the most talked-about player while new team Gujarat Lions was the most talked-about team this season.
For the second year in a row the most viewed video on Facebook during the IPL belonged to the bhangra dancing trio of Mandeep Singh, Virat Kolhi and Chris Gayle, from RCB. The celebration video uploaded by Mandeep Singh following their Raipur match did not disappoint with over 7 million views.