- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
IPL 2017 to be played from 5 April to 21 May
MUMBAI: The 10th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be held from 5 April to 21 May. The tournament, as usual, will involve 60 matches played in a home and away round robin format involving 56 league matches, three play-offs and the grand finale.
As per the schedule issued by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the opening match will be held at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad on 5 April. The final will be played at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium on 21 May.
Defending champions Sunrisers Hyderabad will play last year’s runners-up Royal Challengers Bangalore in the opening game of the 2017 season.
The tournament will be spread over 47 days across 10 venues. The schedule has been designed with each team playing 14 matches – 7 of them at home venues. The season will also witness IPL returning to Indore for the first time since 2011.
The IPL matches will be broadcast on Sony Pictures Networks India’s Sony Max, Sony Six and Sony ESPN. The live streaming will be available on Star India’s Hotstar.
The six tournament sponsors are Vivo (title), Vodafone, Yes Bank, Freecharge, and Maruti Suzuki (official partners) and Ceat (strategic time-out partner).
Click here for full schedule