- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Indo–Pak finale match watched by 72.31 mn viewers
MUMBAI: The grand finale of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 between arch rivals India and Pakistan was watched by a whopping 72.31 million viewers on Star Sports network and DD National, as per BARC India data for all India 2+ TG.
Obviously, the final match, which Team India lost by 180 runs, turned out to be the most-watched game of the tournament. The previous best record of the tournament was also held by the group stage match between the two countries.
The India–Pakistan match in the group stage was watched by 47.45 million viewers. The semi-final match between India and Bangladesh had notched 41.5 million impressions. In contrast, the England–Pakistan semi-final garnered just 12.6 million impressions.
The India–South Africa and India–Sri Lanka matches had got only 37.2 million and 33.9 million impressions respectively.
Meanwhile, the total TV impressions in Week 25 stood at 26.5 billion impressions. Hindi GECs witnessed strong growth in viewership to 5,627 impressions in millions from 5,387 impressions in millions.