- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Indo–Pak finale match watched by 72.31 mn viewers
MUMBAI: The grand finale of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 between arch rivals India and Pakistan was watched by a whopping 72.31 million viewers on Star Sports network and DD National, as per BARC India data for all India 2+ TG.
Obviously, the final match, which Team India lost by 180 runs, turned out to be the most-watched game of the tournament. The previous best record of the tournament was also held by the group stage match between the two countries.
The India–Pakistan match in the group stage was watched by 47.45 million viewers. The semi-final match between India and Bangladesh had notched 41.5 million impressions. In contrast, the England–Pakistan semi-final garnered just 12.6 million impressions.
The India–South Africa and India–Sri Lanka matches had got only 37.2 million and 33.9 million impressions respectively.
Meanwhile, the total TV impressions in Week 25 stood at 26.5 billion impressions. Hindi GECs witnessed strong growth in viewership to 5,627 impressions in millions from 5,387 impressions in millions.