- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Indo–Pak finale match watched by 72.31 mn viewers
MUMBAI: The grand finale of ICC Champions Trophy 2017 between arch rivals India and Pakistan was watched by a whopping 72.31 million viewers on Star Sports network and DD National, as per BARC India data for all India 2+ TG.
Obviously, the final match, which Team India lost by 180 runs, turned out to be the most-watched game of the tournament. The previous best record of the tournament was also held by the group stage match between the two countries.
The India–Pakistan match in the group stage was watched by 47.45 million viewers. The semi-final match between India and Bangladesh had notched 41.5 million impressions. In contrast, the England–Pakistan semi-final garnered just 12.6 million impressions.
The India–South Africa and India–Sri Lanka matches had got only 37.2 million and 33.9 million impressions respectively.
Meanwhile, the total TV impressions in Week 25 stood at 26.5 billion impressions. Hindi GECs witnessed strong growth in viewership to 5,627 impressions in millions from 5,387 impressions in millions.