- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Indian Express Digital becomes India’s No. 2 digital media group
MUMBAI: Indian Express Digital has become the number 2 digital media group in India, as per comScore data of December 2016.
The milestone marked nearly threefold increase in platform traffic for IE Digital, in last eight months. The data, revealed in comScore’s December 2016 report, underlines IE Digital’s position as the fastest growing digital media group in India.
Almost all offerings for IE Digital performed impressively across multiple platforms, according to the comScore report.
Indian Express emerged as the second most popular English newspaper website in the country, behind only Times of India, while Financialexpress.com, IE Digital’s finance-focussed offering, occupied second position in finance and business news category.
The group has made an outstanding achievement in social engagement too. Indian Express Facebook page was ranked 23rd globally in terms of Facebook engagement in NewsWhip December report. Indian Express was the only Indian news website in the list.
E Digital’s Marathi news portal, Loksatta.com, was ranked No.1 in both ‘desktop’ and ‘mobile’ category for the month of December by comScore, retaining its position as the undisputed leader in the region’s vernacular media.
Jansatta.com, its Hindi news portal, registered 12 million unique visitors in the month of December. It is the fastest growing Hindi news site in the country, beating livehindustan.com and Patrika.com.
Said Indian Express Digital CEO Sandeep Amar, “Indian Express Digital has integrated journalistic excellence with state-of-the-art technology tools to deliver the most credible and engaging news media experience to today’s connected generation. The exponential growth in user traffic that we’ve witnessed in the past few months is a testimony to the superior quality of our online offerings. Through our strong growth on social and innovative storytelling format, we are ensuring that our readers get access to the most relevant news items in a clutter-free environment.”