- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
IIFA to showcase Indian culture at IIFA Stomp party
MUMBAI: Aiming to recreate the magic of India in America, the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has organised the IIFA Stomp party that will kick off the event at Tampa Bay.
The opening event of the Videocon D2H IIFA Weekend will be open to public and community party showcasing the best of Bollywood on 23 April at the Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park.
Playing out as a welcome party for the awards ceremony, IIFA Stomp will present Bollywood music and dance coupled with handicrafts and Indian cuisine having specialty food stalls serving both Indian and international cuisines. The aim is to pay gratitude to Tampa and all the local citizens for the love they have shown in hosting the IIFA Weekend and Awards.
It will also witness performances by popular Indian and local DJ’s like DJ Clement, DJ Aman Nagpal and DJ Ravi Drums.
DJ Ravi Drums has also produced the official track for IIFA titled ‘Do Da Tampa’. The event is co-sponsored by Teco Energy and Nielsen, and support sponsored by USAmeriBank.
Some of the key partners of the IIFA US celebrations are Videocon d2h, Tata Motors, Freedom Health Insurance, Lava Mobile, Visit Tampa Bay Visitors and Convention Bureau, Visit Florida, Enterprise Florida, Hillsborough County Florida, Tampa Bay Trade and Protocol Council, Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Commission, Jammu & Kashmir Tourism, Arise, Vishal Fashions, UST Global, Myntra.com, FedEx, LT Foods – Daawat and Royal and Bishwa Bandhan for Cerebral Palsy.
Other support partners include Mosaic, Patina Solutions and Tampa Steel Erecting Company, Tampa International Airport, Tampa Bay Business Journal and Tampa Bay Times.
The Videocon D2H IIFA Weekend will be held from 23 to 26 April, with the awards taking place on 26 April.