- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
IDBI Federal Life Insurance to sponsor CAB’s domestic tournaments
MUMBAI: IDBI Federal Life Insurance has partnered Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) to sponsor all age group teams from the association for various domestic cricket tournaments, including Ranji matches.
Newly elected CAB president Sourav Ganguly has created a roadmap to reinvigorate the state’s cricket dynamics.
With this association, the Vision 2020 project will establish to hone meritorious talent and develop them into high-class players to play for the national side.
Ganguly said, “Bengal cricket in the last couple of years has been making steady efforts to build a supply line of national team players. The most significant of these projects is the ‘Vision 2020’ which has in its fold eminent cricketers like VVS Laxman, Muttiah Muralitharan, TA Sekhar to change the face of Bengal cricket. We are glad that IDBI Federal Life Insurance understands the importance of such initiatives. Like us, they too believe, the assurance and support it needs to hone upcoming cricketers. I would like to thank IDBI Federal Life Insurance for coming forward and partnering with us to continue making this a grand success.”
IDBI Federal Life Insurance CEO Vighnesh Shahane said, “Sports has always been a force for good. IDBI Federal Life Insurance’s vision is to inspire positive change that helps people shape a better future and live their best lives. Bengal cricket is going through dynamic changes and the different projects that the association has undertaken just add to the vibrant spirit of the game. We are happy to be a part of the CAB’s ambitious journey- it promises to bring about positive changes for the game of cricket at the national as well as international levels. I am confident that this association will be a stepping stone for the stars of tomorrow. We are truly excited about this collaboration and would like to thank the CAB for selecting us as their partners in this journey.”