- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
I&B Minster Javadekar urges ministries to come on social media via Communication Hub
MUMBAI: The newly elected Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar has written to all the ministries and requested all Union ministers to come on social media platforms through the Communications Hub under the existing New Media Wing of the I&B Ministry.
In his letter, Javadekar urged the ministers to disseminate their policy initiatives through the Communication Hub. Firmly believing in prolific use of social media, Javadekar wrote to his Cabinet colleagues for utilising this Hub as a one-stop place for social media outreach based on ‘Hub and Spoke’ model.
He mentioned that each Ministry/department may liaise with the New Media Wing which will cater to all its needs including disseminating information through packaging and placing of content, wider reach through variety of tools and response management.
Javadekar further wrote that the two-way interaction envisaged in this endeavour would provide a 360 degree communication approach to the government and hence help in last man connectivity.
This step has been taken in adherence to the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who desires to use the social media platforms extensively for transparency and better governance.