- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
I&B minister Javadekar cracks down on latecomers
MUMBAI: Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Prakash Javadekar is a man who bears no non-sense and that no nonsensical attitude was on full display at Shastri Bhawan on Monday when he sent all those who came late to work on casual leave.
Javadekar, who also holds the portfolio of Environment Ministry, normally spends the first half of his day at Paryavaran Bhawan and second half at Shastri Bhawan, which is the I&B Ministry office.
But Monday was a different day as the minister came unannounced to Shastri Bhawan at 9 am in the morning only to find empty chairs in the office.
Dismayed at his staff not reporting for work at 9 am, Javadekar asked all the latecomers to meet him personally. The minister met almost 200 people in batches of 25–30 and gave them a sound dressing down.
He asked the latecomers to take a day’s casual leave as punishment and warned them to be punctual henceforward.