- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
I&B minister Javadekar cracks down on latecomers
MUMBAI: Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Prakash Javadekar is a man who bears no non-sense and that no nonsensical attitude was on full display at Shastri Bhawan on Monday when he sent all those who came late to work on casual leave.
Javadekar, who also holds the portfolio of Environment Ministry, normally spends the first half of his day at Paryavaran Bhawan and second half at Shastri Bhawan, which is the I&B Ministry office.
But Monday was a different day as the minister came unannounced to Shastri Bhawan at 9 am in the morning only to find empty chairs in the office.
Dismayed at his staff not reporting for work at 9 am, Javadekar asked all the latecomers to meet him personally. The minister met almost 200 people in batches of 25–30 and gave them a sound dressing down.
He asked the latecomers to take a day’s casual leave as punishment and warned them to be punctual henceforward.