- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
I&B minister Javadekar cracks down on latecomers
MUMBAI: Information & Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Prakash Javadekar is a man who bears no non-sense and that no nonsensical attitude was on full display at Shastri Bhawan on Monday when he sent all those who came late to work on casual leave.
Javadekar, who also holds the portfolio of Environment Ministry, normally spends the first half of his day at Paryavaran Bhawan and second half at Shastri Bhawan, which is the I&B Ministry office.
But Monday was a different day as the minister came unannounced to Shastri Bhawan at 9 am in the morning only to find empty chairs in the office.
Dismayed at his staff not reporting for work at 9 am, Javadekar asked all the latecomers to meet him personally. The minister met almost 200 people in batches of 25–30 and gave them a sound dressing down.
He asked the latecomers to take a day’s casual leave as punishment and warned them to be punctual henceforward.