- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Hulk Hogan to host WWE’s Wrestlemania
MUMBAI: Sports entertainment company WWE has announced that Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan has returned to WWE and will host ‘WrestleMania 30’ on 6 April at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
30 years ago on 23 January 1984 he defeated The Iron Sheik to become WWE Champion at Madison Square Garden. He headlined the third edition of the event, where he successfully defended the WWE Championship against Andre The Giant in front of a record 93,173 fans at the Pontiac Silverdome.
Hogan went on to win six WWE Championships, starred in movies, television shows and became an idol to a vast legion of fans he dubbed “Hulkamaniacs.” Hogan was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 by Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone. His last WWE appearance was in December 2007, where he appeared at the 15 anniversary of Monday Night Raw.
WWE chairman, CEO Vince McMahon said, “We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE. It’s fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network.”
Hulk Hogan said, “Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the WWE family. I only have one question for the WWE Universe: whatchagonna do when Hulkamania runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?”