- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Hulk Hogan to host WWE’s Wrestlemania
MUMBAI: Sports entertainment company WWE has announced that Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan has returned to WWE and will host ‘WrestleMania 30’ on 6 April at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
30 years ago on 23 January 1984 he defeated The Iron Sheik to become WWE Champion at Madison Square Garden. He headlined the third edition of the event, where he successfully defended the WWE Championship against Andre The Giant in front of a record 93,173 fans at the Pontiac Silverdome.
Hogan went on to win six WWE Championships, starred in movies, television shows and became an idol to a vast legion of fans he dubbed “Hulkamaniacs.” Hogan was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2005 by Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone. His last WWE appearance was in December 2007, where he appeared at the 15 anniversary of Monday Night Raw.
WWE chairman, CEO Vince McMahon said, “We are thrilled that Hulk Hogan has returned home to WWE. It’s fitting to have him help us celebrate 30 years of WrestleMania and usher in a new era with the launch of WWE Network.”
Hulk Hogan said, “Words cannot express how excited I am to be back in the WWE family. I only have one question for the WWE Universe: whatchagonna do when Hulkamania runs wild as the host of WrestleMania 30?”