- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
History US greenlights fifth season of ‘Vikings’
MUMBAI: US infotainment broadcaster History has picked up a 20 episode fifth season of the drama series ‘Vikings’,
Season five will begin production this summer to air in 2017. It is a family saga that tells the remarkable tales of the lives and epic adventures of the raiders and explorers of the Dark Ages.
“The brilliant writing and depth of historical research and authenticity brought to the screen by Michael Hirst paired with our talented cast and crew, has made this series one of the most compelling, visually stunning historical dramas on television. ‘Vikings’ has raided the hearts of audiences and we are thrilled that Jonathan Rhys Myers will become a bigger part of the History family after his incredible performance in our upcoming production of ‘Roots’, ” said History president, GM Jana Bennett.
MGM Television brought the series to the network.
“’Vikings’ continues to be a powerhouse series worldwide, bolstered by the ongoing support from History and the direction of our first-class creative team, led by Michael Hirst, and partners World 2000 and Take 5 Productions. We are excited to have Jonathan Rhys Meyers join our talented cast and watch as this epic story evolves heading into season five,” said MGM president, television and digital group Mark Burnett and MGM president, television development and production Steve Stark.