- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
HBO Hits, HBO Defined to air two new shows
MUMBAI: HBO Hits and HBO Defined will air on 9 August two new series in India, within 24 hours of their US premiere. The series are ‘The Knick’ and ‘Jonah From Tonga’.
‘The Knick’ premieres on 9 August at 7 pm on HBO Hits. Set in downtown New York in 1900, ‘The Knick’ is centered around the Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff, who push the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics. It depicts how a newly appointed brilliant but arrogant renegade Dr. John Thackery’s addiction to cocaine and opium is trumped solely by his ambition for medical discovery. Also, present into this all-white staff and patient hospital is an equally gifted Dr. Algernon Edwards fighting for respect while trying to navigate the radically charged city.
The show has 10 episodes and stars Clive Owen and is directed by Steven Soderbergh. Subsequent episodes air on Saturdays at 8.30 pm.
Meanwhile, HBO Defined will air ‘Jonah From Tonga’ on 9 August at 8 pm. The plot revolves around the main protagonist Jonah Takalua, who, after being expelled from Summer Heights High, is banished by his father Rocky to the island of Tongapatu to spend time with his extended family and get his life back together. But four months later, fed up with Jonah’s antics, his uncle sends him back to Sydney to enroll in yet another school, the Holy Cross School. Once again, the always impressionable Jonah finds himself adapting to a new school and fending off new foes and other delinquents, all while trying to be a “good boy.”
The new move follows the recent announcement that all HBO and Cinemax scripted content on HBO Premium network will air within 24 hours of its US premiere. ‘The Knick’ is also available free on HBO On Demand on Tata Sky.