- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ nets Rs 14 crore in 5 days
MUMBAI: ‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’, a romantic movie released by Eros International, has mopped up Rs 13.96 crore (Rs 139.6 million) in its five-day run at the Indian box office.
Released on Friday, the movie collected Rs 1.63 crore (Rs 16.3 million) yesterday. This was an improvement from Monday’s net box office collection of Rs 1.62 crore (Rs 16.2 million).
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’features Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Jimmy Shergill, Ali Fazal and Momal Sheikh in the lead roles. It marks Anand Rai’s third collaboration with Eros, after ‘Raanjhanaa’ (2013) and ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015).
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ opened with Rs 2.32 crore (Rs 23.2 million) on Friday, then went on to collect Rs 3.81 crore (Rs 38.1 million) on Saturday and Rs 4.58 crore (Rs 45.8 million) on Sunday.
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ collected Rs 10.71 crore (Rs 107.1 million) in the opening weekend