- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ nets Rs 14 crore in 5 days
MUMBAI: ‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’, a romantic movie released by Eros International, has mopped up Rs 13.96 crore (Rs 139.6 million) in its five-day run at the Indian box office.
Released on Friday, the movie collected Rs 1.63 crore (Rs 16.3 million) yesterday. This was an improvement from Monday’s net box office collection of Rs 1.62 crore (Rs 16.2 million).
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’features Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Jimmy Shergill, Ali Fazal and Momal Sheikh in the lead roles. It marks Anand Rai’s third collaboration with Eros, after ‘Raanjhanaa’ (2013) and ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015).
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ opened with Rs 2.32 crore (Rs 23.2 million) on Friday, then went on to collect Rs 3.81 crore (Rs 38.1 million) on Saturday and Rs 4.58 crore (Rs 45.8 million) on Sunday.
‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’ collected Rs 10.71 crore (Rs 107.1 million) in the opening weekend