- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
GroupM ESP and IIM-Ahmedabad collaborate for a white paper on Indian sports league
MUMBAI: GroupM ESP, the sports and entertainment arm of GroupM Media, and IIM Ahmedabad have collaborated to come out with a white paper on the success of Indian sports leagues.
The white paper, which is a first of its kind, concludes that the success of the league is dependent on factors such as the nature of the sport and its fan base, the performance of the team, design of the league initiatives to build the fan experience, relationship of the league with relevant sports associations and the involvement of celebrities in the league.
GroupM ESP National Director, Sports & Live Events Vinit Karnik said, “The white paper identifies a number of factors that can help improve the chances of success of sports leagues in emerging markets. It is an exhaustive study which can benefit the practitioners of this industry in many ways. At GroupM ESP, we constantly strive to add more value to the ever evolving marketing tactics and this collaborative white paper unleashes a powerhouse of such innovative possibilities when it comes to sports leagues. This white paper adds to current literature on sports management by identifying factors that contribute to the understanding of successful sports leagues and will be a valuable resource for all the stakeholders in this segment.”
IIM Ahmedabad Professor, Marketing & Sports Management Sanjeev Tripathi added, “This study and white paper offers a valuable analysis to track and follow the trends and best practices associated with sports leagues. We have used a holistic approach to arrive at the findings of this white paper which is one of its kind as far as the study of successful sports leagues in the emerging markets is concerned.”
Some of the highlights of the white paper are:
- Best practices for running sports leagues in dispassionate and analytical manner
- Future of sports leagues in emerging markets with a special focus on Indian leagues
- Professional sports leagues in India, their inception and progress
- Detailed reference to important studies done on sports leagues in the past
- Latest trends that are shaping and impacting the sports industry worldwide.