- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
GRB brings crime, disaster, paranormal programming to Eastern Europe
MUMBAI: GRB Entertainment has sold a slate of unscripted programs in Eastern Europe spanning genres including real-life crime, natural disaster and paranormal.
Hungary’s Origo Media Group picked up three seasons and specials of the long-running, real-life hospital drama series ‘Untold Stories of the E.R.’ which follows real doctors and the real cases that changed their lives.
Ukraine’s Studio 7 took ‘Anatomy of Disaster’ into the frightening world of natural disasters where ordinary people tell their extraordinary stories of tragedy, survival and heroism.
Kinosvet in the Czech Republic acquired four series: dramatic adventure series ‘Expeditions to the Edge’ where explorers make life or death decisions in harrowing situations; ‘Missing Link’ explores paranormal phenomena – divine manifestations, witchcraft, Satanism, UFOs and poltergeists – and asks questions that challenge current scientific principles; and ‘Mysterious Worlds’ which takes viewers into dark underworlds to explore the unknown, the paranormal, and the bizarre subcultures. They also took the gripping true-crime series, FBI: Criminal Pursuit showcasing the most powerful cases of the FBI.
RTL-Hrvatska in Croatia picked up the entertaining real-life docu-series Auction Kings following Atlanta’s most successful auction house owner, Paul Brown who works with an eclectic mix of consignors who bring their varied treasures to sell to the highest bidders.
“GRB spans the globe with our extensive factual portfolio – intriguing crime programs, gripping natural disaster and exploration programs as well as enlightening paranormal series and docu-series. All of our programs, including the GRB-produced ‘Untold Stories of the E.R.’, have been performing extremely well around the world and we are confident they will be well-received in Eastern Europe as well,” said GRB Entertainment senior VP international distribution Michael Lolato.