- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
GRB brings crime, disaster, paranormal programming to Eastern Europe
MUMBAI: GRB Entertainment has sold a slate of unscripted programs in Eastern Europe spanning genres including real-life crime, natural disaster and paranormal.
Hungary’s Origo Media Group picked up three seasons and specials of the long-running, real-life hospital drama series ‘Untold Stories of the E.R.’ which follows real doctors and the real cases that changed their lives.
Ukraine’s Studio 7 took ‘Anatomy of Disaster’ into the frightening world of natural disasters where ordinary people tell their extraordinary stories of tragedy, survival and heroism.
Kinosvet in the Czech Republic acquired four series: dramatic adventure series ‘Expeditions to the Edge’ where explorers make life or death decisions in harrowing situations; ‘Missing Link’ explores paranormal phenomena – divine manifestations, witchcraft, Satanism, UFOs and poltergeists – and asks questions that challenge current scientific principles; and ‘Mysterious Worlds’ which takes viewers into dark underworlds to explore the unknown, the paranormal, and the bizarre subcultures. They also took the gripping true-crime series, FBI: Criminal Pursuit showcasing the most powerful cases of the FBI.
RTL-Hrvatska in Croatia picked up the entertaining real-life docu-series Auction Kings following Atlanta’s most successful auction house owner, Paul Brown who works with an eclectic mix of consignors who bring their varied treasures to sell to the highest bidders.
“GRB spans the globe with our extensive factual portfolio – intriguing crime programs, gripping natural disaster and exploration programs as well as enlightening paranormal series and docu-series. All of our programs, including the GRB-produced ‘Untold Stories of the E.R.’, have been performing extremely well around the world and we are confident they will be well-received in Eastern Europe as well,” said GRB Entertainment senior VP international distribution Michael Lolato.