- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Govt gives Zee News senior editor Sudhir Chaudhary X category security
MUMBAI: Following a threat perception analysis, the government has provided Zee News’ senior editor Sudhir Chaudhary with an X category security cover.
The threat perception analysis came after a personal staff of Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL) claimed to have received a phone call. The unidentified caller allegedly threatened to frame former Congress MP and the chairman of JSPL Naveen Jindal after murdering Chaudhary, reports the Economic Times.
The security will be provided by Delhi Police and paramilitary forces round the clock.
Chaudhary told ET, “I never asked for the security. It is based on the threat analysis.”
The staff member of JSPL has informed the police about the threat, adds the report. A Jindal Steel and Power spokesperson said, “As a law-abiding company, JSPL reported the matter to the concerned authorities for further investigation in order to prevent harm to any person.”
Chaudhary was arrested in 2012 for allegedly demanding Rs 100 crore (Rs 1 billion) from Naveen Jindal. Some audio tapes were released a couple of years ago that purportedly showed Chaudhary trying to extort money from Naveen Jindal. However, Delhi Police failed to file any charges against him.