- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Fashion One launches second season of design competition series
MUMBAI: Fashion and lifestyle channel Fashion One has launched the second season of its design competition series ‘Design Genius’.
The reality series is also conducting an international casting call for young designers who want to be a part of the show’s second season.
Production of the show will commence in May, and the fashion-packed series will see designers from around the world competing for the title of ‘Design Genius’ and a cash prize.
The show challenges designers to create fashionable accessories and garments out of unconventional materials.
In the first season, contestants’ creativity and skills were put to test as they created high fashion garments out of bicycles, beach balls and first-aid kits.
Design Genius executive producer Ashley Jordan said, “Design Genius is a series that showcases the talents and skills of up-and-coming local designers from different parts of the world. Unlike other design shows, it challenges the designers’ creative ability and skill set to make the unimaginable raw materials fashionable.”
The show is part of Fashion One’s original programming, and is created by executive producers, Michael Gleissner and Ashley Jordan, with Nichole Millican as this season’s series producer.