- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Globo’s telenovelas reach Pakistan for the first time
MUMBAI: Latin American media company Globo’s traditional telenovelas have just entered a new market: Pakistan.
In the agreement between the Brazilian broadcaster and the free-to-air channel Plus Max that will launch, three Brazilian dramas have been licensed.
These are ‘The Life We Lead’, ‘The Enchanted Tale’, and ‘India – A Love Story’.
Plus Max belongs to the Business Recorder Group, which owns a print newspaper and a news channel called Aaj TV.
Licensed to more than 70 countries, ‘The Life We Lead’ shows how sisters deal with a tragedy and find paths which lead to happiness..
Another of Plus Max’s bets, ‘The Enchanted Tale’, tells the love story between the majestic Açucena (Bianca Bin, ‘Passione’) and the noble Jesuíno (Cauã Reymond, ‘Brazil Avenue’)
Meanwhile, ‘India – A Love Story’ won the 2009 International Emmy and was licensed to 90 countries.