- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Globo’s telenovelas reach Pakistan for the first time
MUMBAI: Latin American media company Globo’s traditional telenovelas have just entered a new market: Pakistan.
In the agreement between the Brazilian broadcaster and the free-to-air channel Plus Max that will launch, three Brazilian dramas have been licensed.
These are ‘The Life We Lead’, ‘The Enchanted Tale’, and ‘India – A Love Story’.
Plus Max belongs to the Business Recorder Group, which owns a print newspaper and a news channel called Aaj TV.
Licensed to more than 70 countries, ‘The Life We Lead’ shows how sisters deal with a tragedy and find paths which lead to happiness..
Another of Plus Max’s bets, ‘The Enchanted Tale’, tells the love story between the majestic Açucena (Bianca Bin, ‘Passione’) and the noble Jesuíno (Cauã Reymond, ‘Brazil Avenue’)
Meanwhile, ‘India – A Love Story’ won the 2009 International Emmy and was licensed to 90 countries.