- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Gaana acquires streaming rights to Tendulkar’s ‘Cricketwali Beat’
MUMBAI: Times Internet-owned music app Gaana has signed an exclusive alliance for Sachin Tendulkar’s musical debut ‘Cricketwali Beat’. Gaana will have the exclusive rights to the song’s online streaming.
Tendulkar has collaborated with popular Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam on this song. “This is an idea to engage with all the fans who have given me immense love and support, at one single destination and platform. Digital technologies have the power to bring people closer and start new conversations. With this app, I can confidently say that this is a new innings for me in the digital world and hopefully I get the opportunity to engage with everyone very soon,” said the cricket legend.
Talking about the song, Nigam said, “I am glad to be a part of Sachin’s new digital innings, thanks to Shameer Tandon, who has conceived and composed this wonderful song. I loved the way Sachin was pitching it right. That’s why I believe that when God blesses someone with genius, it spills in other faculties too.”
Gaana COO Prashan Agarwal said, “Sachin is the god of cricket and has a fan following across the world. Having his musical debut ‘Cricketwali Beat’ exclusively available on Gaana is a proud moment for all us. Sachin’s ‘CricketWali Beat’ is one of the biggest songs of this year’s cricketing season that will be available exclusively on our platform. Our last exclusive with Diljit Dosanjh ‘Laembadigini’ was a great success and has crossed 12 million playouts in the last three months. We are really excited about this partnership and will continue to bring the latest and exclusive content for our users.”