- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Fremantle’s maiden web series garners 9 mn views
MUMBAI: FremantleMedia India, the producer of reality TV shows including ‘India’s Got Talent’ and ‘Indian Idol’, has said that its first-ever web series ‘Confessions: It’s Complicated’ has garnered nine million views within 40 days of its launch.
Launched exclusively on Facebook Live, it was one of the first shows to explore Facebook’s new tool. ‘Confessions’ is a story of three girls Nupur Murthy, Sameera Saxena and Raka Ghosh who move to Mumbai to pursue their dreams to make it big. The girls set out to explore various aspects of their lives and the show is a coming-of-age tale of that.
The show is presented by Myntra and its associate sponsors include Saavn, Tata Nano GenX and Gilette Venus. Ace musician Leslie Lewis has composed the soundtrack.
FremantleMedia business head Vidyuth Bhandary said, “India is one of the most thrilling entertainment markets in the world and it has a great audience to experiment your ideas with. The response we have received within a week of release has been overwhelming. Scoring nine million views in 40 days is something commendable.”