- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Fremantle’s maiden web series garners 9 mn views
MUMBAI: FremantleMedia India, the producer of reality TV shows including ‘India’s Got Talent’ and ‘Indian Idol’, has said that its first-ever web series ‘Confessions: It’s Complicated’ has garnered nine million views within 40 days of its launch.
Launched exclusively on Facebook Live, it was one of the first shows to explore Facebook’s new tool. ‘Confessions’ is a story of three girls Nupur Murthy, Sameera Saxena and Raka Ghosh who move to Mumbai to pursue their dreams to make it big. The girls set out to explore various aspects of their lives and the show is a coming-of-age tale of that.
The show is presented by Myntra and its associate sponsors include Saavn, Tata Nano GenX and Gilette Venus. Ace musician Leslie Lewis has composed the soundtrack.
FremantleMedia business head Vidyuth Bhandary said, “India is one of the most thrilling entertainment markets in the world and it has a great audience to experiment your ideas with. The response we have received within a week of release has been overwhelming. Scoring nine million views in 40 days is something commendable.”