- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Fremantle’s maiden web series garners 9 mn views
MUMBAI: FremantleMedia India, the producer of reality TV shows including ‘India’s Got Talent’ and ‘Indian Idol’, has said that its first-ever web series ‘Confessions: It’s Complicated’ has garnered nine million views within 40 days of its launch.
Launched exclusively on Facebook Live, it was one of the first shows to explore Facebook’s new tool. ‘Confessions’ is a story of three girls Nupur Murthy, Sameera Saxena and Raka Ghosh who move to Mumbai to pursue their dreams to make it big. The girls set out to explore various aspects of their lives and the show is a coming-of-age tale of that.
The show is presented by Myntra and its associate sponsors include Saavn, Tata Nano GenX and Gilette Venus. Ace musician Leslie Lewis has composed the soundtrack.
FremantleMedia business head Vidyuth Bhandary said, “India is one of the most thrilling entertainment markets in the world and it has a great audience to experiment your ideas with. The response we have received within a week of release has been overwhelming. Scoring nine million views in 40 days is something commendable.”