- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Fremantlemedia’s ‘Eureka Moment’ in China
MUMBAI: Television format creator and distributor Fremantlemedia’s China division has announced a new partnership with CCTV that will see the commission of the gameshow ‘The Eureka Moment’.
The FremantleMedia format will be co-developed for local audiences with CCTV’s wholly owned subsidiary, CCTV Creation, with the 11 episodes premiering on CCTV-1 in June on the Sunday evening primetime slot.
Originally developed by Blue Circle for RTL4 in the Netherlands, ‘The Eureka Moment’ is a gameshow in which two couples go head to head testing their knowledge and coming face to face with a raft of dangerous stunts and wacky experiments, all in the bid to win the holiday of a lifetime. Breath-taking stunts, laugh out loud moments and a whole host of jaw dropping surprises makes this fast moving series hugely entertaining.
FremantleMedia China CEO Vivian Yin said, “We’re very excited about working with CCTV on The Eureka Moment. This is the first time that we have placed a series into the much-coveted Sunday evening primetime slot on CCTV-1 and we’re looking forward to developing our relationship further to co-develop many more FM formats in the future.”
“We are really glad and honored to have FremantleMedia, the Global Entertainment and Content Leader as our partner to work with. After a three day workshop, we learned how professional the FM team is and admired their dedication. We have saw sparks through the discussion on production. On the basis of the original, I firmly believe that we will develop a very influential show together with FremantleMedia China” said CCTV Creative Media head Guo.
FremantleMedia has previously worked with CCTV local Chinese versions of formats such as the comedy series ‘Thank God You’re Here’ and the talent competition ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’, which has recently been renewed for a further 52 episodes.