- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
FremantleMedia’s ‘Deutschland 83’ to travel to Scandinavia
MUMBAI: FremantleMedia International (FMI) has announced presales of the Cold War drama, ‘Deutschland 83’ to SVT (Sweden), NRK (Norway), DR (Denmark), YLE (Finland) and RUV (Iceland).
The new presales follow the previously announced deal with SundanceTV that will see the eight part mini-series become the first German-language drama to have ever aired on a major US network. ‘Deutschland 83’ was produced by UFA Fiction for RTL Television in Germany and is distributed worldwide by FremantleMedia International.
‘Deutschland 83’ is a coming-of-age story set against the real culture wars and political events of Germany in the 1980s. The drama follows Martin Rauch (Jonas Nay) as the 24 year-old East Germany native is pulled from the world as he knows it and sent to the West as an undercover spy for the Stasi foreign service. Hiding in plain sight in the West German army, he must gather the secrets of Nato military strategy. Everything is new, nothing is quite what it seems and everyone he encounters is harboring secrets, both political and personal.
FMI senior VP International Distribution for Benelux, Scandinavia & Eire, Justin Hatfield said, “Following on from its Berlinale International Film Festival selection and World Premiere, ‘Deutschland 83’ has continued to go from strength to strength. The series received a number of glowing reviews from global TV critics and is now is set to travel to key networks across Scandinavia. We’re looking forward to working with the clients to launch this clever spy thriller in each of the respective territories, and from the reception so far, are confident that this outstanding drama will resonate with their audiences.”