- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
FremantleMedia ties up with actor Samuel L Jackson for a celebrity show
MUMBAI: Actor Samuel L. Jackson, LaTanya Jackson, Rushion McDonald and FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) announced that they are teaming up to develop a new star-studded celebrity series. This is Samuel L. Jackson’s first unscripted project.
The currently untitled series takes A-list celebrities back to the house they grew up in, visiting old haunts and meeting familiar faces. How did their childhood shape the person they are today? What about any unfinished business or doing something to give back? These questions and more will be answered in this star-studded series that will see celebrities embarking on emotional journeys that will change their lives forever.
Samuel L. Jackson said, “LaTanya and I often talk about the nostalgia we have for the community in which we were raised, and the opportunity we have to pay it forward. Together with Rushion, we decided to empower some of our nearest and dearest celebrity friends to share this journey in their own voice, in their own hometown and to provide children and families with resources and facilities to further build their foundation. This is about connecting with the community where we became the people we are today and sharing that journey with audiences across America.”
FremantleMedia US executive VP alternative programming Toby Gorman said, “We’re incredibly excited to be partnering with Samuel L. Jackson, LaTanya Jackson and Rushion McDonald. The world of celebrity is intriguing and fascinating, and in this series we get to pull back the curtain on who these people really are and the challenges they faced along the way. It’s authentic storytelling at its best and we can’t wait to get started.”