- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
FremantleMedia International signs development and distribution deal with Slam
MUMBAI: FremantleMedia International (FMI) has signed a major development and distribution deal with Slam, the scripted indie run by Stephen Mangan and Louise Delamere.
Under the terms of the deal, FremantleMedia will work with SLAM to develop its slate and provide support service infrastructure in exchange for a first-look option on any commissions. FMI will also provide a platform for Slam content to reach international audiences through its extensive global sales network.
FremantleMedia executive VP scripted and non-scripted Georgia Brown said, “As soon as we met the team, we knew that we had found a brilliant partner. Their experience of working in theatre, film, television – on both sides of the lens – provides them a unique creative perspective. Their unbridled passion for working with both top industry talents, as well as discovering and nurturing new writers and creatives, has enabled them to develop an incredible slate of distinctive, high-end projects across scripted and factual, which we can’t wait to take out to global audiences.”
Slam said, “We are delighted to be partnered with Fremantle. We were impressed by their vision and creative ambition, their knowledge of the industry and the incredible support structure provided by the Fremantle team led by Sarah Doole and Georgia Brown. With Fremantle’s support we look forward to fulfilling our ambition to create unique, diverse and entertaining television.”