- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
FremantleMedia International expands operations in emerging markets
MUMBAI: Television formats creator and distributor FremantleMedia International (FMI) has signalled its commitment to the emerging markets of the Middle East, Africa and South Eastern Europe by expanding the responsibilities of its Dubai office so that it becomes a distribution hub for the region, selling tape and formats as well as driving the company’s ancillary and sponsorship activity.
As a result of this additional focus and the region’s significant growth to date, it has promoted Anahita Kheder to senior VP, Middle East, Africa and South Eastern Europe and appointed Emre Mumcuoglu as VP distribution.
Reporting into Kheder, Mumcuoglu will relocate from Istanbul to Dubai with immediate effect. The team will be responsible for developing and managing strategies to sell all FremantleMedia content to potential and current broadcasters and licensees across various distribution platforms in the region. The creation of the new distribution hub will enable FMI to increase business in these competitive markets with a vibrant local presence.
FremantleMedia executive VP, head of distribution EMEA Jamie Lynn said: “By expanding our Dubai operation to handle the key emerging markets of the Middle East, Turkey and Africa we’ve got a real opportunity to build on the significant successes we’ve had to date and to exploit opportunities with emerging players to cement our position as market leader in the region. In Anahita and Emre we have two hugely impressive executives whose deep local knowledge and wide-ranging experience will help us to drive these opportunities and grow our business further.”
Kheder has over 14 years of working with in the region and has been with FremantleMedia since 2011.